Deardorff 8X10 V8 Field Camera with 305mm F6.3 Ilex Lens + Holder
The ultimate 8X10 field camera. Compact folding, lightweight, amazing craftsmanship and hand-built in the US. This camera has been fully refurbished with many new parts, including brand new, high-tech bellows. It is paired with a superb lens, making this an ideal field or studio kit.
- Deardorff V8 8X10 field camera (with front swing)
- Kodak Commercial Ektar 12" 305mm F6.3 lens
- 8X10 film holder (used, modern, tested light-tight)
- Compact folding
- Made of Honduran mahogany wood
- Front movements include rise/fall, micro rise/fall, swing and tilt (on/off axis)
- Rear movements include swing and tilt
- Brand new bellows
- Brand new KB Canham precision ground glass
- Many other new parts throughout
- Back can easily be mounted in vertical or horizontal position
This is a used, fully refurbished Deardorff camera (with front swings).
We have decided to leave the original finish as it is, but have replaced many parts, including the rear extension, rear extension tracks, top corner brackets, ground glass and bellows.
Bellows is brand new and made of a high-tech, lightweight, cut/water-proof ballistic nylon (and lined with organza silk). This is the best possible bellows material available for use and durability.
All metal surfaces have been cleaned where possible.
All camera movements, knobs, gears, tracks and latches are in good working condition.
Spring back is tight and works as it should (includes the rare leaf springs).
Ground glass has been upgraded to a brand new KB Canham precision unit.
Kodak Commercial Ektar 12" 305mm F6.3:
- 305mm is a normal-angle of view lens on 8X10 cameras (similar to a 50mm lens on 35mm cameras)
- The venerable Kodak Commercial Ektar 12" F6.3 lens is a classic and highly regarded lens
- Excellent sharpness and contrast
- Shutter is working as it should and fires nicely on all speeds (speeds sound correct to the ear)
- Mounted in a genuine Deardorff lens board
Ask us about combining this purchase with any of our other large format lenses or film holders.