Deardorff V8 8X10 Field Camera with Rodenstock 300mm F5.6 MC Lens + Holder
This is the ultimate 8X10 field camera. Compact folding, lightweight, amazing craftsmanship and hand-built in the US. This camera is in great original condition, with beautiful patina and buttery smooth operation. Paired with a superb lens, this is an ideal field or studio kit (for any use).
Ask us about an optional upgrade to add front swings to this camera, using all new parts (total cost of $575).
- Deardorff V8 8X10 field camera
- Rodenstock Sironar N MC 300mm F5.6 lens
- 8X10 film holder (used, modern, tested light-tight)
- Compact folding
- Made of Honduran mahogany wood
- Front movements include rise/fall, micro rise/fall and tilt (on/off axis)
- Rear movements include (extended) swing and tilt
- Back can easily be mounted in vertical or horizontal position
This is a used, good working condition Deardorff V8 camera.
Camera was refinished at some point in time, and shows very nice patina.
Bellows are tested light-tight.
All camera movements, knobs, gears, tracks and latches are in good working condition.
Spring back is tight and works as it should (includes the rare leaf springs).
Plain ground glass is clean and clear (ask us about upgrading this to an ultra-bright Maxwell glass for $350, or a KB Canham precision gridded glass for $100).
Rodenstock Sironar N MC 300mm F5.6:
- 305mm is a normal-angle of view lens on 8X10 cameras (similar to a 50mm lens on 35mm cameras)
- Massive image circle, allows for extensive movements
- Extreme sharpness
- Excellent contrast control
- Clean, modern, multi-coated glass
- Copal #3 shutter is working as it should and fires nicely on all speeds
- Lens is mounted in a genuine Deardorff lens board
Ask us about combining this purchase with any of our other large format lenses or film holders.