Deardorff V8 FS 8X10 Camera w/ Schneider 305mm lens +Holder +Fresnel REFURBISHED
This camera's serial number dates to Dec 13, 1954 according to the factory records.
This camera has been serviced by the Deardorff factory in the late 80's, later in time a modern nylon fabric bellows was installed and is still in good working condition. To preserve the amazing patina of this camera the bellows was retained as it has decades of service life still ahead of it. At some point in its life, this camera was modified to take 6X6 straight corner lensboards rather than the 6X6 round corner boards Deardorff originally used. This camera is supplied with a linhof technika board adapter however, any 6X6 board may be used.
Every piece of metal hardware, including every screw on this camera has been removed, cleaned and re-installed, aligned and is now better than it was when new. Note the meticulous screw head alignment throughout the entire camera. A new strap is installed. Ground glass from a Kodak Master View camera (rule of thirds grid) and a brand new Fresnel were also installed.
• Deardorff V8 8X10 camera with front swings
• Schneider G Claron 305mm F9
• One used modern film holder (tested, light tight)
• Front movements include swing, tilt, rise/fall and micro rise/fall adjustment on the
• Rear movements: tilt and swing
• Back can easily be mounted in vertical or horizontal positions
• Massive 32" bellows draw capability
• Bellows are replacement nylon fabric and in good working order, offer full draw
and flexibility for all movements
• This camera is used and shows normal signs of use with some bumps, scrapes
and dings throughout
• All knobs, levers and locks are present and working as they should
• All geared movements are smooth, locks easily and firmly
Schneider G Claron 305mm F9:
• 305mm is a Normal angle of view lens on 4X5 cameras (similar to a 50mm lens on
• This lens is used, tested, and working as it should
• Cosmetically, this lens shows normal signs of use
• Glass is clean with no fungus, haze or scratches
• Modern Compur shutter is in good working condition and fires nicely on all