Gowland ultralight 4X5 Camera with Fuji W 180mm F5.6 Lens + Fresnel + Holders
A rare, custom-made Ultralight Gowland camera. Handmade by Peter Gowland, designed to be as light and as rigid as can be. This camera conveniently takes Linhof Technika lens boards. It is paired with a nice lens and equipped with an ultra-bright Maxwell ground glass/fresnel combo.
Total weight of the camera AND lens is under 4LBS.
• Gowland 4X5 monorail camera
• Fuji W 180mm F5.6
• Two 4X5 film holders (used, modern, tested light-tight)
• Compact, ultra-lightweight design
• Extremely rigid and stable
• Max extension ~12"
• Front movements include rise, shift, tilt and geared fine focus
• Rear movements include tilt and slide focus
• Graflock back (use any roll film or instant film back/adapter)
• Ultra-bright ground glass/fresnel combination (Maxwell bright screen - custom fitted to the camera)
• This camera is used, tested and working as it should
• Cosmetically, this camera shows normal signs of use, with very nice patina
• Bellows are tested light-tight
• All camera movements, knobs, gears and latches are in good working condition
• Spring lock back is tight and works as it should
• Ground glass is clean and bright, with etched grid lines
Fuji W 180mm F5.6:
• 180mm is a moderate tele/portrait-angle of view lens on 4X5 cameras (similar to an 65mm lens on 35mm cameras)
• This lens is used, tested and working as it should
• Cosmetically, this lens shows light signs of use
• Exceptionally clean, superbly sharp glass
• Shutter is in good working condition and fires nicely on all speeds
Ask us about combining this purchase with any of our other large format lenses or film holders.