Graflex KE-12 Army Speed Graphic 4X5 camera with 150mm F2.8 MC lens
$1,750.00 Sold Out
Exceedingly rare army version of the Graflex speed graphic. Uniquely built to the US army specs, this camera is painted and finished in olive drab green, along with an all black anodized aluminum interior and hardware.
This Graflex camera is one of the lightest and most compact 4X5 cameras, but offers excellent stability, ease of use and reliability over time. The Speed Graphic can also carry most small/medium-size lenses inside the closed camera body, making this an ideal large format backpacking tool, and very fast/easy to set up. Entire kit, with lens, weighs under 8LBS.
The Speed graphic features a built in curtain shutter, for use with any "barrel" lenses or other shutterless lenses.
This kit is built around the exceptionally sharp, multicoated Rollei Heidosmat 150mm fixed F2.8 lens and makes a superb hand held, low light, indoor or street portrait machine. It is an ideal alternative to the huge and heavy Kodak Aero Ektar setups, and a fraction of the cost of the Schneider Xenotar lens.
Due to its super bright and wide fixed F2.8 aperture this lens offers amazing shallow depth of field and focus control. This lens is so small and light, it even fits inside the closed camera.
This camera is compatible with all conventional 4X5 film holders, all polaroid backs and most roll film backs that slide under the glass (not compatible with graflock only type devices as this camera lacks graflock sliders)
• KE-12 Army Graflex Speed Graphic 4X5
• Rollei Heidosmat 150mm F2.8 MC lens
• Three 4X5 film holders (used, tested light-tight)
• Fresh, sealed box of CatLABS X FILM 80 B/W 4X5 sheet film (25 sheets)
• Built in folding viewing hood
• Built in focal plane shutter
• Extremely rigid and stable
• Front movements include rise, shift, and tilt
• Lens can be left mounted inside when folded
• Bright ground glass
• This camera is very lightly used, tested, and working as it should
• Cosmetically, this camera shows minimal signs of use
• Bellows are tested light-tight
• Rangefinder patch is good
• All camera movements, knobs, gears, and latches are in good working condition
• Spring back is tight and works as it should
• Ground glass is clean and bright
• Rangefinder patch is good and RF is calibrated and aligned
Rollei Heidosmat 150mm F2.8:
• 150mm is a normal-angle of view lens on 4X5 cameras (similar to a 50mm lens on
• Modern, multicoated lens
• Fixed F2.8 - NO APERTURE CONTOL - F2.8 ONLY
• Lens glass is clean with no scratches, haze, or fungus
• Shutter is in good working condition and fires nicely on all speeds, recently
Ask us about combining this purchase with any of our other large format lenses or film holders.