Nagaoka 4X5 Field Camera with 165mm + 90mm Lenses + Holders
This Nagaoka 4X5 camera is one of the lightest and smallest field cameras ever made, at 2.6LB (1.15KG). This camera is the ideal tool for hikers and backpackers. Along with a nice set of lenses, this is a great outdoors 4X5 field camera kit. There is not much this camera cannot do, in the field or in the studio. This later model Nagaoka features various upgrades, such as retro movement on front and rear standards, improved hardware & more.
- Nagaoka 4X5 field camera
- Ilex Caltar 165mm F6.3 lens
- Ilex Acugon 90mm F8 lens
- 3 4X5 film holders (used, modern, tested light-tight)
- Extremely light and compact design
- Front movements include tilt, rise/fall and limited swing
- Rear movements include tilt and limited swing
- Back can easily be mounted in vertical or horizontal position
This is a used, good working Nagaoka 4X5 field camera.
Cosmetically, this camera is in good shape with a nice wooden finish and all around light signs of use.
All camera movements, knobs and gears are in good working condition.
Bellows is flexible, tested light-tight and in all around good shape.
Spring back is tight and works as it should.
Plain ground glass is in good condition, can be upgraded upon request ($50-$100 depending on options, ask us before checking out).
Ilex Caltar 165mm F6.3:
- 165mm is a normal-angle of view lens on 4X5 cameras (similar to a 55mm lens on 35mm cameras)
- Clean, modern, coated glass
- Shutter fires nicely on all speeds
Ilex Acugon 90mm F8:
- 90mm is a wide-angle of view lens on 4X5 cameras (similar to a 28mm lens on 35mm cameras)
- This lens is essentially a licensed copy of the Schneider Super-Angulon, made by Ilex in the USA
- One of the world's first CAD lenses ever made
- Superior to the Schneider lenses of that era in every respect
- Clean glass
- Good working shutter
Ask us about combining this purchase with any of our other large format lenses or film holders.