Shen Hao HZX45-IIA 4X5 Field Camera with Rodenstock 135mm + 210mm Lenses + Holders
The HZX45-IIA is Shen Hao's answer to the Ebony SV45. This camera employs a very handy rear rise/axis tilt system, allowing for framing adjustment without loss of focus, super fine adjustments and a massive rear shift (usually reserved for studio monorail cameras). Along with a fully featured body, this camera offers superb craftsmanship and finish. This camera offers the most bellows draw of all Shen Hao cameras and extends more than most folding field cameras, while still maintaining excellent rigidity.
- Shen Hao HZX-IIA
- Rodenstock Sironar N 135mm F5.6
- Rodenstock Sironar N 210mm F5.6
- 3 modern, used, light-tight tested film holders
- Front: swing, rise/fall, yaw free/axis tilts with center detentes
- Rear: rise, shift, on/off axis tilt, swing
- Camera uses common and easy to find Linhof, Technika-style lens boards
- Interchangeable bellows
- Both front and rear standards have retro movement to easily accommodate very short focal lengths
- Back easily mounted vertical or horizontal
- Original ground glass is bright and clean
This is a used, good working condition Shen Hao camera.
Cosmetically, this camera is in good shape with normal sings of use (some scrapes and dings).
Bellows is in good shape inside and out, tested light tight and in good working condition.
All camera movements, knobs, gears and latches are in good working condition.
Holders are film tested and light-tight.
Rodenstock Sironar N 135mm F5.6:
The 135mm is a slightly wide, "normal" angle lens on 4X5, (equivalent to a 40mm lens on 35mm format cameras). This is a modern, multi-coated, compact and light lens. It offers all around excellent performance and sharpness, as well as ample coverage for some extreme movements. All black Copal shutter works as it should and fires nicely on all speeds. < 1mm nick/mark on coating in front element, does not affect image quality in any way.
Rodenstock Sironar N 210mm F5.6:
The 210mm is a tele/portrait angle of view lens on 4X5, (equivalent to a 85mm lens on 35mm format cameras). This is a modern, multi-coated lens that offers massive coverage (nearly covers 8X10). All around excellent performance and sharpness. Glass is clean, shutter fires nicely on all speeds.
Ask us about combining this purchase with any of our other large format lenses or film holders.