Tachihara 4X5 Camera with Schneider 90mm + 135mm Lenses + Holders
The Tachihara is a modern, wooden camera, made in Japan. It is made from 400-year-old, kiln dried, Japanese cherry wood, and finished with a protective layer. This later version camera incorporates many improvements, including easy grip knobs, Teflon washers, self-zeroing struts, a fresnel lens, a rear retro moving standard & more.
- Tachihara 4X5 field camera
- Schneider Angulon 90mm F6.8 lens
- Schneider Symmar 135mm F5.6 lens
- 3 4X5 film holders (used, modern, tested light-tight)
- Front movements include swing, rise/fall and axis tilts
- Rear movements include swing and tilt
- Both front and rear standards have retro movement, to easily accommodate very short focal lengths
- Camera uses common, easy to find, Technika-style lens boards
- Back can easily be mounted in vertical or horizontal position
Camera is in good, used condition, showing normal signs of use/handling.
All camera movements, knobs, gears and latches are in good working condition.
Spring back is tight and works as it should.
Bellows is tested light-tight.
Original Tachihara fresnel lens and gridded protective panel are clean and very bright.
Schneider Angulon 90mm F6.8:
The 90mm is a wide-angle of view lens on 4X5, (equivalent to a 28mm lens on 35mm format cameras). This is a compact, coated lens, which offers excellent coverage and extreme sharpness (covers 5X7). Glass is clean, shutter fires nicely on all speeds.
Schneider Symmar 135mm F5.6:
The 135mm is a moderately wide/normal-angle of view lens on 4X5, (equivalent to a 40mm lens on 35mm format cameras). Classic lens with excellent performance. Glass is clean, shutter fires nicely on all speeds.
Ask us about combining this purchase with any of our other large format lenses or film holders.