VDS MKIII 8X10 Field Camera with Computar 305mm Lens + Holder
See pull-down menu to purchase the camera body only ($2,290).
The VDS is a modern, light-weight field camera design, made in Hungary. It is made of American, black walnut wood and high-end stainless steel/aluminum hardware.
The MKIII (Tourister model), has an innovative single rail design that provides lots of movements on both the front and rear, as well as excellent rigidity and stability.
4X5 and 5X7 reducing backs for this camera are in stock. Ask about adding one to your order.
This camera is brand new, lens and holder are used.
- Ultra light-weight: 7.5LB
- Composite bellows construction (water/dust/tear proof)
- Front movements: shift, swing, tilt (on and off axis), rise/fall
- Rear: tilt, swing
- Max. bellows is 22+ inches, min. is 3 inches or less
- The back can easily be set up for vertical or horizontal positions
- Ground glass is bright and easy to use
- Camera takes standard Sinar/Horseman lens boards
Computar/Kowa Graphic 305mm F9:
Excellent, "normal" angle of view lens for 8X10, with massive image circle (covers well beyond 11X14).
Glass is clean, good working shutter. Fires nicely on all speeds.
Aperture scale is hand marked and accurate.
Ask us about combining this purchase with any of our other large format lenses or film holders.