Dev.a: Fully automatic, compact, programmable film processor
$4,590.00 On Sale
Introducing the Dev.a!
PRE ORDER TODAY - payment in full is required at the time of placing your order.
*Delivery times vary*
Take advantage today of special promotional pricing, in force until Dec 2021!
Tanks sold separately (use pull down menu at the bottom of the screen to add tanks to your cart).
Jobo 1501 Reels need to be added separately (use the search function of our website to search for "1501")
Our machine supports all still photography development processes. We cover both black & white and color film as well as both negatives and positives.
• You will have 6 different chemistry tanks at your disposal that you can fill with 6
Even the most demanding processes are supported. If you’ve always used a 6-baths E6 kit to develop your precious slides, don’t worry, our machine is here to help.
• When the process is done you can recover the chemistry using the taps on the
front of the machine.
• Alternatively, in case of one-shot chemistry, everything can be automatically
discarded directly after processing.
• Water required for the washing steps can come from spare chemistry tanks or
from the water bath used for temperature control.
• In processes where they’re needed, stabilizers and wetting agent steps should be
performed manually outside the machine to avoid excessive foaming and bubbling.
Precise and effective temperature control is extremely important in color processes such as C41 and E6. Generally, temperature control is necessary in order to obtain consistent and reproducible results.
The chemistry tanks and the film tank can be fully immersed in a recirculating water bath that heats everything up to the desired temperature. Once the desired temperature is reached, Dev.a maintains it consistently throughout the process.
The water bath can be filled and managed in two ways:
• automatically: if the machine is connected to a pressurized water source, such as a sink's faucet
• manually: by pouring the water into the bath from a bucket or a jug
And when you’re done processing, the water serves a second purpose: it can be used in the automatic cleaning process.
Film rotation is provided by magnets. The base of the inner column of the tank contains eight magnets that, when the tank is inserted into the machine, are coupled with other eight magnets mounted on a motor. When the motor spins, the film spins as well.
• Film tanks come in three different sizes to support your processing needs as
efficiently as possible.
• With our machine, you can process all commonly available formats, from 35mm rolls to 8×10 sheets.
• For 35mm or 120 rolls, our tanks are compatible with Jobo series 1500 reels or with Paterson/AP reels.
• For large format processing, we will provide our custom reels.
• Rotation parameters, such as speed and inversion interval, can be configured via software.
We have a lineup of three different tank sizes to suit your processing needs. The following table lists film capacity and required chemistry for each tank (different film type combinations in the same tank are also possible).
• Required Chemistry: 650ml
• 35mm: 2 rolls
• 120: 1 roll
• 4x5: --
• 5x7: --
• 8x10: --
• Required Chemistry: 850ml
• 35mm: 4 rolls
• 120: 2 rolls
• 4x5: TBD
• 5x7: TBD
• 8x10: --
• Required Chemistry: 1L
• 35mm: 6 rolls
• 120: 3 rolls
• 4x5: TBD
• 5x7: TBD
• 8x10: TBD
Forget about seven-segment displays, bulky knobs and buttons, using Dev.a will be just as easy as using an app on your phone.
• The machine is controlled by using the large 7″ touch screen and the intuitive user
• The machine comes with a few presets but everything is customizable.
Even if some processes are standard, we believe that you must be able to tweak the settings to follow the instructions supplied with the chemistry that you’re using. This machine must be a versatile tool, not a restriction.
• Up to 100 custom processes with up to 30 steps. Each can be stored on the
• Entering process data is extremely easy by using the on-screen virtual keyboard.
• If you need complete darkness in your darkroom, the display and the status LED
can be turned completely off without shutting the machine down. This way you can
keep printing or doing other darkroom work even if the machine is processing film
in the background.
• The display frame is hinged on the top plate and can swivel in and out. This way,
when you don’t need to use it, the screen can rest flat against the machine body
out of the way.
• You can import/export your settings and processes to a USB drive to have a
backup of your data, or to move everything to another machine without having to
start from scratch.