Gandolfi 5X7 Camera with 121mm + 210mm Lenses + 4X5 Back + Holders
Gandolfi Camera Makers was a 4 generation camera making company in London. The company only closed its doors in early 2018, and was making the same time-honored, traditional precision instruments as they have done for more than 150 years.
The quality of materials, fit and finish are unsurpassed. No modern made camera can be compared to the build quality of a Gandolfi. This camera has the smoothest and most satisfying controls of all wooden field cameras.
- Gandolfi 5X7 camera
- 4X5 reducing back
- Schneider Super Angulon 121mm F8 lens (Linhof select)
- Nikon 210mm F5.6 lens
- 2 5X7 film holders (used, modern, tested light-tight)
- 2 4X5 film holders (used, modern, tested light-tight)
- Front movements include rise/fall and tilt
- Lens board rise/fall adjustment
- Rear movements include tilt and swing
- Geared focus, on both front and rear standards
- Teflon washers improve locking friction
- Either back can easily be set up for vertical or horizontal positions
This is a used Gandolfi camera.
All knobs, levers and locks are present and in good working condition.
All gear tracks are smooth and precise.
Bellows is tested light tight, though slightly stiff.
5X7 spring lock back is tight and works as it should (brand new KB Canham ground glass installed).
4X5 back works as it should (brand new KB Canham ground glass installed).
Schneider Super Angulon 121mm F8:
Excellent wide-angle of view lens on 5X7 and moderately wide-angle of view on 4X5. Massive image circle (nearly covers 8X10), and extreme sharpness. Linhof select lenses are the best of their production run. Clean glass, shutter fires nicely on all speeds.
Nikon W 210mm F5.6:
Normal-angle of view lens on 5X7 and tele/portrait on 4X5. Modern, multicoated glass. Massive image circle. Extreme sharpness. Clean glass, shutter fires nicely on all speeds. Filter rim is dented, does not take front mounted filters.
Ask us about combining this purchase with any of our other large format lenses or film holders.