Graflex Speed Graphic with Aero Ektar 178mm F2.5 lens + film + holders
This is a custom-built kit based around a modified Graflex Speed Graphic 4X5 camera and a super sharp, hyper-fast classic WW2 era Kodak Aero Ektar 178mm F2.5 lens. This is an ideal street portrait or walk around camera. It has wonderful focus control and produces amazing shallow depth of field images.
This Aero Ektar has been previously modified, stripped down to its bare bones, and has no diaphragm. It is FIXED at F2.5.
Multi-shot Grafmatic holders, roll film holders and Instant film holders (545 and 405) are in stock and can be combined with this system. Ask us about a bundle price.
• Graflex Speed Graphic 4X5 camera
• Aero Ektar 178mm F2.5 (fixed aperture, no diaphragm)
• Two 4X5 film holders (used, modern, tested light-tight)
• Fresh, sealed 25 sheet box of CatLABS X FILM 80 4X5 BW negative film
• Front movements include rise, limited shift, and tilt (backwards only)
• Built-in focal plane shutter
• Coupled rangefinder
• Viewing hood
• This camera is used, tested, and working as it should
• Cosmetically, this camera shows normal signs of use, with very nice patina
• Bellows are tested light-tight
• Focal plane shutter runs nicely on all speeds
• Rangefinder patch is good
• Spring lock back is tight and works as it should
• Ground glass is clean and bright
Kodak Aero Ektar 178mm F2.5:
• Fixed aperture of 2.5 (there is no aperture adjustment)
• Can easily be used indoors or in low light situations thanks to its extreme high speed
• This lens is used, tested, and working as it should
• Cosmetically, this lens is in fair condition and shows heavy signs of use
• Front threaded rim is dented (please see photos)
• Glass is generally clean, but does have some internal dust/artifacts, though nothing unusual for an 80+ year old lens
Ask us about combining this purchase with any of our other large format lenses or film holders.