VDS MKII 8X10 Field Camera with Schneider 305mm Lens + Holder
Special order: lead time 4-5 weeks
See pull-down menu to purchase the camera body only ($2,390)
The VDS is a modern, light-weight field camera design, made in Hungary. It is made of American, black walnut wood and high-end stainless steel/aluminum hardware.
The MKII incorporates various improvements over previous models. It provides lots of movements on both the front and the rear, as well as excellent rigidity and stability.
4X5 and 5X7 reducing backs for this camera are in stock. Ask about adding one to your order.
This camera is brand new, lens and holder are used.
- Ultra light-weight (7.5 LBS)
- Composite bellows construction (water/dust/tear proof)
- Front movements: shift, swing, tilt (on and off axis), rise/fall
- Rear movements: tilt, swing
- Max. bellows is 22+ inches, min. is 3 inches or less
- The back can easily be set up for vertical or horizontal positions
- Ground glass is bright and easy to use
- Camera takes standard Sinar/Horseman lens boards
- Schneider G-Claron 305mm F9
- Excellent "normal" angle of view lens for 8X10, with massive image circle (covers 11X14)
- Glass is clean, good working shutter
- Shutter fires nicely on all speeds
- Aperture scale is hand marked and accurate
Ask us about combining this purchase with any of our other large format lenses or film holders.